Last weekend, a lovely 3 day aka 3 hiking day long weekend, I was up at the hill with Riggins and saw a lovely lady walking her Golden Retriever. Both were summer regal and I was jealous of her Tennessee Williams looking frock. She had on breezy khaki pants with a gauzy white blouse and a stylish tan wide-brimmed hat. Her and her dog were a picture of a spring/summer jaunt. The perfect complementary couple!
I wanted that outfit. For 1/2 a second until I realized there is no way in hell I’d buy that outfit. I’ve own one pair of khaki pants ever and only wore them on the job, when I was a plumber. I hated them. The last gauzy style blouse I bought was at The Gap recently. I was trying to mirror the stylish look of one of the store dummies but when push came to shove I scooped up the black vs. white blouse. I couldn’t do it. First of all white or any pastel isn’t me and secondly white is a pit stain disaster waiting to happen on sweaty ol’ me.
So I passed the flow-y lady and regal dog in my tight black yoga shorts and black top with a (you guessed it) black baseball cap secured to the top of my head with adorable Riggins happily strutting along beside me.
Fancy lady belonged with her dog. I belonged with Riggins!
Here are the similarities I discovered once I thought about it for a while (aka the hike that day):
* Riggins is black. I am not black — but drawn to dark and/or basic strong primary colors (red, green, blue). The closest I get to pastel is yellow. Although a bright cheery yellow!
* Riggins has striking and bold colored eyes. I have striking and bold colored eyes.
* Riggins has a broad chest. I have broad shoulders (that would be even broader if I swam more).
* Both Riggins and I are deceivingly strong that isn’t noticed on first glance but upon second you can see the muscle tone (him more than me — if I’m to be super honest).
* Both of us have a slightly uncomfortable gait that smooths out when focused on a hill or race.
* Both of us have adorable short hair that can be easily messed up by sweat, slobber, or sleeping wrong.
* Both of us have big ol’ super white teeth.
* Both of us have long narrow faces.
* Both of us are super adorable.
So you see! We do look a like … a bit. Like mother like son!