* 8 Can Taco Soup – I actually skip a can (the chicken … canned chicken sounds gross) so for me this is 7 Can Taco Soup! This could not be easier. You take a bunch of cans of food (specific ones not just any that you happen to throw in your cart), drain whatever is in them and then plop them in a big ol’ pot. Done! I’ve actually made this twice once with and once without the taco seasoning packet. I like it better without but remember I’m a huge wimp when it comes to anything spicy. Someone on the blog suggested substituting a ranch dressing packet for the taco seasoning. I actually had planned to do that on my last batch but totally forgot to purchase it.
If you are fancy you could add a dollop of sour cream, a couple of slices of avocado and some tortilla chips. If you are me you can just ladle it right out of the pot and into your mouth. I love soup and I love mexican food so this is the perfect lunch or dinner for me. Today I’m eating it for both! Yum yum!
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (12.5 oz.) can white chicken breast, drained
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Mix all ingredients together in a large pot.
- Heat until warm, stirring occasionally.
* Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats – You read that correctly. Already sounds delicious doesn’t it? When you click on the link to go to the original blog post of this amazing concoction you will notice that the fancy pants woman made cute little cupcakes out of the krispie treats. She even made the effort to top them with some fancy schmancy icing. I did not do that. I made them like a normal person would make rice krispie treats and packed them into a pan and cut them into squares. Worked great. Tasted better. Seriously for how little effort it takes to add some vanilla and cake mix to your krispie mixture the additional wow factor for your taste buds is amazing. Do it. Wow your taste buds. They deserve it.
- 6 tbs margarine* (3/4 of a stick)
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 10oz bag of marshmallows (5oz)
- 1 tbs sprinkles
Fill each well-greased pan with the Rice Krispie mixture and press it in gently with the back of a spoon. Cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
(I don’t have any pictures of any of this so enjoy some more dog pictures. They are cute and sweet too.)